Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Romance is Over

Well last week I found out that one of my favorite bands of all time My Chemical Romance is now officially broken up.
I sat there in silent contemplation after i had heard the news. I told some of my friends, who didn't really care. (apparently rap is the "cool" music these days) And then I listened to a few of my favorite songs for awhile. It was about 1 in the morning when my roommate came back to the dorm for the night and then i broke the news. He literally cried. 
It was hilarious.
I'll never forget it as long as i live. It was almost worth the band breaking up.
But all good things must come to end, and MCR was a GREAT thing. The voice of Gerard Way and the songs the band produced are so unique and inspiring to me that they cant be replaced. 
The Black Parade album is one of my favorite albums of all time, and aside from that so many of the other songs they wrote directly influenced my fantasy trilogy "The Eldritch Tales"
You may be wondering how can punk rock inspire a novel series?
To me the answer is simple: 
To me Music is Magic. 
And to me the fantasy genre in particular revolves around magic.
Now MCR may not be considered beautiful and magical to many other people they are that way to me. And while I'm sad they broke up, I'm also thankful because after all they did leave something behind. Music. Magic. INSPIRATION.
Even though their gone their music will continue inspire me. Maybe one day the things they inspired me to do will inspire someone I don't know to do something great, and to me that is just incredible.

The romance may be over but the magic has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment