Friday, June 12, 2015

Chasing It

Excellent news, traffic on the blog has officially bottomed out. The only source I've had in the past week has been from a website called Pizza-tycoon.com. What that has to do with my blog I'll never know, but there's still some lucky person from Russia who seems to check this bad boy out pretty frequently.


On a side note, if you really are a pizza tycoon and looking for a freshly minted marketing major to run your pizza empire I'd be more than interested.

It would be vastly more entertaining than what's going on at my current job. Which is nothing. The plumbing industry, much like my blogs popularity, is low. Sputtering at best. We tell ourselves,"The economies just bad.," but maybe its not. Maybe it's me. Maybe we've gotten to used to the moment coming to us that we've forgotten how to chase.

To further my point, i've been bored to tears at work, and normally I write to pass the time. When I am writing time does not exist. Everything around me ceases to exist. If for whatever reason someone interrupts me with a question my response is normally something like "Huhhhh alksf?" because I have forgotten how to speak coherent English. That's how into it I get.

Recently though, mainly this week, I just don't want to write and this is me:


Why don't I want to write?? It's the only thing in my life I really love. It makes me feel like I have purpose, and when I finish a 2000 word chapter I feel like I can do anything. So why would I abandon such an elating feeling?

Because I am impatient. I want my writing to be recognized and I want it recognized now. Because I want the trophy without playing the game. I often forget to just enjoy the game. I hope In the end all the struggles make the finish that much sweeter, but in the midst of tribulation I find myself questioning what all of this is for. Every time I feel like this, I forget that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I forget that for every moment I sit here wallowing in my lack of success there will be a moment where I feel triumph.

I need to chase those moments instead of waiting for them to come to me.

1 comment: