Friday, March 1, 2013

What's Your Greatest Fear?

Everyone has fears. Some have more than others, writers especially. Sometimes we find ourselves being paranoid, what if someone steals my novel? What if someone takes all my hard work as their own and claims the glory? Fortunately my work isn't worth stealing. if they did they'd fine themselves with two incredibly un-polished not to mention incomplete manuscripts. It's not that the story isn't good, I'm just that I'm in the editing phase.
And let me tell you. It's miserable.
But anyway, back to our fears as writers. Rest assured, as soon as you write something in your own words its copy righted, so fear not! (On a side note...my Business Law class has been surprisingly interesting and relevant...)
My fear is a little ridiculous, but still a valid concern...especially with 2012 behind us.
What if the world ends before i finish my story? Or worse, what if i die in a freak accident?

Why would i worry about such a ridiculous thing? Because I've devoted so much time and effort into something and for the first time ever i really have something that's completely mine. Something that i created with my mind and own two hands, and honestly its put a lot of things in perspective for me.
Like when my Parents tell me to clean my room and keep the house clean, i never cared because it's not my house, but now i can vaguely begin to understand...even though it's so annoying to clean up my clothes.

Another thing is this world. God created it and so far the human race has messed it up pretty bad. And this world is a far more perfect than anything i could have possibly created.

My parents house is already complete, so is the world that God made. My story, and my world however, are not. And i still fear having it stripped from me before its time has come.

So tell me, what's your biggest writing fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment